Joshua Riehl was a first time doc filmmaker when he decided to make a film about his passion for the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League. So how exactly did he manage to pull this feat off, including getting actor Jeff Daniels and some of the world's most recognizable names in hockey to agree to be in his film? Trust me. I wanted to know the same!
- how having audacity to believe in yourself is half the battle
- how sending handwritten letters to key personnel scored him the critical first meeting
- moved his location to a place where he most likely could raise financing
- how he ultimately found the one person who believe in his project and financed the entire film
- what it was like working with an animation team in Ukraine
Trailer for The Russian Five
Sponsors & Thank Yous
ATHOS Insurance Services
Make sure you and your film gear are protected!
Over the years, so many of you #doclifers have asked us about best ways to insure your yourself, your shoots, and your precious film gear. And Aylene and Kat of ATHOS Insurance Services are experts on the subject. Get an INSTANT QUOTE today.
° Free Music Archive – Special Thank You to recording artist, Dlay who supplied music for this week’s episode of TDL. You too can download his music or other artists’ music by going to Free Music Archive today!
Rate and Review
If you have found value in this podcast please leave a review so it can become more visible to others. Simply click the link and then click on the Ratings and Reviews tab to make your entry. Thank you for your support!