Looking to reach your consumers in a more dynamic and authentic way?
Podcast listeners are some of the most dedicated and engaged consumers of media.
What is The Documentary Life podcast?
The Documentary Life podcast is a top ranked, bi-weekly, documentary film podcast with an ever growing audience of documentary filmmakers and film and video production freelancers looking to make their first or next documentary films.
Past guests have included Steve James (Hoop Dreams, Oscar nominated film Abacus: Small Enough To Jail), Bing Liu (Oscar nominated film Minding The Gap), Maclain and Chapman Way (Wild Wild Country) and the Independent Documentary Association (IDA) Executive Director, Simon Kilmurry.
We are ranked 4th for 'documentary film podcasts' and ranked 10th for 'documentary film' on iTunes.
Data September 2019
Let's take a closer look.
The Documentary Life podcast has:
What our listeners are saying about us
The Documentary Life began in July 2016 and has received rave reviews from listeners from day one. We have built a great relationship with our audience, who we affectionately call #Doclifers. We regularly receive emails of gratitude from listeners - both old and new - who value the content and resources the podcast provides.
Here are some of our iTunes reviews:
Why sponsor a podcast?
In the Infinite Dial 2019 report by Edison Research it was found that:
'Podcasting shows explosive year-over-year growth... (with) one-third of the population (Americans) reported having listened to a podcast in the last month, representing 90 million monthly listeners.'
In addition, the Podcast Consumer 2019 study, also by Edison found that podcast listeners where higher value consumers. For example:
- More affluent: 41% of podcast listeners’ annual household incomes exceed $75K
- Highly educated: 28% of podcast listeners have advanced degrees
- Receptive to brands: 54% more likely to consider brands advertised on podcasts
- Highly engaged: IAB research shows 71% of podcast listeners report a high level of concentration
Is your product, service or organization the right fit?
Our listeners are incredibly passionate and engaged creatives who know, like and trust us and we like to provide them with valuable content, as well as recommend to them products and services that fulfill their needs.
They chose to invest their time & money where they can have access to the resources, skills, education, equipment, or guidance to enable the empowerment and evolution of their filmmaking careers and film projects.
So if your target market are documentary filmmakers or film and video production freelancers then we would like to talk with you to see if your product, service or organization could be a fit for our listenership.
Every Sponsorship Package Includes:
- An opener mention 'brought to you by' (beginning of show).
- A 60 to 90-second Mid-Roll (middle of show).
- You will be featured on the show notes page of every episode you sponsor.
- You will be featured on our sponsors page.
- You will work directly with our team to craft unique reads that will ensure the highest ROI.
- Here is a sample Opener from Music Vine.
- Here is a sample Mid-Roll from Music Vine
- Current and past sponsors include: BlackBox Global, Music Vine and GuideDoc.
- There will never be more than 2 sponsors for any episode.