Maclain and Chapman Way have recently directed, edited, produced one of the most talked about Netflix docuseries of the year, Wild Wild Country. They have become one of the hottest, most sought after doc filmmaking duos around.
Of course, their success didn’t happen overnight. From taking some calculated, but brazen risks with their first doc, The Battered Bastards of Baseball to taking two separate trips to Switzerland to woo the critical character of Ma Anand Sheela for Wild Wild Country to convincing the people over to Netflix that they had a great new idea for a docuseries, the Way brothers will inspire you to live and lead your doc lives in ways you probably haven’t yet thought of.
Which is why, after hearing our conversation with Mac & Chap, you will be left with the feeling that they are truly #doclifers, just like you and I.
- the importance of taking risks, of investing in yourself
- how their sizzle reel landed them a Netflix deal for Wild Wild Country
- tips for approaching a major digital distribution platform like Netflix
- how working with Netflix editorially was a positive and beneficial experience
- the importance of making your doc an immersive, instead of simply informational experience
° Watch the trailer for Wild Wild Country
° Watch the trailer for The Battered Bastards of Baseball
Sponsors & Thank You’s
Free Music Archive – Special Thank You to recording artist, Dlay who supplied music for this week’s episode of TDL. You too can download his music or other artist’s music by going to Free Music Archive today!
Rate and Review
If you have found value in this podcast please leave a review so it can become more visible to others. Simply click the link and then click on the Ratings and Reviews tab to make your entry. Thank you for your support!