Your Breakthrough Year and #Doclifer, Josh Davidsburg
Shouldn't you be making 2020 your breakthrough year in documentary filmmaking? We all know how difficult, sometimes frustrating, it can be getting our doc films made. And how trying it can be living our doc lives. No one knows this better than I. Which is why in this episode I have decided to challenge you (and I!) to make 2020 a breakthrough year in our doc lives.
And speaking of breakthroughs, for the first time on this programme, we host a full documentary discussion with a true blue #doclifer. Josh Davidsburg has been listening to us since the beginning. And in that span of time, he not only created his first documentary film, but that film, Queen of the Capital, is set to screen this month at the Slamdance Film Festival!
- making 2020 our breakthrough year as documentary filmmakers
- how Josh Davidsburg went from listener of the program to an award-winning documentary filmmaker
- how Davidsburg leads his doclife by teaching at a university and making doc films during his time off
- the importance of thinking about your film's audience from the outset
- the importance of having a good understanding of Fair Use when using musical performances
- how TDL helped Davidsburg with his doc film and doc life
Watch an extended trailer for Queen of the Capital
Did you know that we now have workshops? Check out our full roster and reserve your seat today!
Sponsors & Thank Yous
° Free Music Archive – Special Thank You to recording artist, Dlay who supplied music for this week’s episode of TDL. You too can download his music or other artists’ music by going to Free Music Archive today!
Apple | Spotify | Stitcher |
Rate and Review
If you have found value in this podcast please leave a review so it can become more visible to others. Simply click the link and then click on the Ratings and Reviews tab to make your entry. Thank you for your support!