No one knows documentary film distribution in quite the way that film distro wizard, Jon Reiss does. The founder of Hybrid Cinema and author of film distribution Bible, Think Outside the Box Office joined us for this week’s episode of TDL. And it was one of the most engaging, honest looks at film distribution out there!
- a hybrid approach to film distribution
- importance of creating an event for your film’s theatrical showing
- was building an audience through a blog, social media, and email lists before it was a thing
- how the Bible of film distribution, Thinking Outside the Box Office came to be
- valuable first lessons learned from his distribution strategy with the film Bomb It
- tips for distributing your documentary film
As heard on the episode, fellow #DocLifer, Kevin Svenkeson joined us on the programme to discuss his journey with his first documentary film, Floating Giants: The Barry Prentice Story. Watch the trailer for his film
Sponsors & Thank Yous
Free Music Archive – Special Thank You to recording artist, Dlay who supplied music for this week’s episode of TDL. You too can download his music or other artist’s music by going to Free Music Archive today!
Rate and Review
If you have found value in this podcast please leave a review so it can become more visible to others. Simply click the link and then click on the Ratings and Reviews tab to make your entry. Thank you for your support!