5 Things to Look For in a Fiscal Sponsorship
The fiscal sponsorship is one of the more critical aspects of a doc filmmaker’s success when seeking funds for their film. And in our opening segment we take a look at 5 things that can help you decide who might be a good fit as your fiscal sponsor. We discuss:
- definition of a fiscal sponsorship
- why the fiscal sponsorship is critical to your fundraising
- 5 specific things to look for in a fiscal sponsor
Just as the fiscal sponsor is important to the doc filmmaker seeking funding for their film, the aspects of promotions, marketing, and distribution is the key to one’s success with their film’s release. Rebekah Louisa Smith founded The Film Festival Doctor, a company that helps the filmmaker design and then implement a full promotional and distribution strategy for their films. We discuss:
- advice for getting into film festivals
- importance of a proper social media strategy
- what are the distribution platforms we should be paying attention to
As mentioned in the episode, we want to provide a small-ish list of some of the more known organisations that offer fiscal sponsorships and here they are:
New to The Documentary Life
Hot off the presses.. Be one of the first people ever to own your own #DocLifer t-shirt!
We’re sure you want to look as stylish and attractive as this young man, right!?
Head over to our online store and grab yours now.